We aim to provide a high quality of service at all times. If you would like to discuss with us how our service could be improved or if you are dissatisfied with the service that you are receiving please let us know by contacting Paul Barnes.
16 Blackfriars Street
Alternatively by email to [email protected]
We undertake to look into any complaint carefully and promptly and to do all we can to explain the position to you. If we do not answer your complaint to your satisfaction you may take up the matter with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. This should be done promptly and in any event no later than 6 months after exhausting our procedures.
Should ACCA consider a complaint appropriate for conciliation, it is competent to offer alternative dispute resolution through its Conciliation Service. ACCA’s website address is www.accaglobal.com. Please note that, under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) conciliation process.
We would prefer to receive your complaint in writing or by email. If this is not possible you may telephone with details of your complaint. To help to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:-
- Your full name and contact details
- What you think we have got wrong
- What you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint
If you require any help in making your complaint we will try to help you.
Our Managing Director will be responsible for investigating and handling your complaint. They may use discretion to involve other Senior members of staff in the investigation and handling of your complaint.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will write acknowledging your complaint and we will send you a copy of this Procedure and we may ask you to confirm or explain the details. We will also confirm the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. Normally that letter/email will be sent within 5 working days after we receive your letter of complaint.
- We will record your complaint and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within 5 working days of receiving your complaint.
- We will write to acknowledge your reply and explain what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within 3 working days after we receive a reply.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps.
- Reviewing your file.
- Asking the member of staff who acted for you for further information
- Asking you for further information.
- Asking someone outside our firm for information.
- Inviting you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint, either by a face to face meeting or a phone call.
We will do all of these things as quickly as possible and we aim to complete our investigation and give you a response within 4 weeks. If this is not possible we will explain the reason.
- If we have a discussion, within 3 working days we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If we do not think a discussion will be helpful or if you do not want a discussion or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within 5 working days of us completing our investigation.
- Within 14 days of receiving our letter, if you are still not satisfied with our investigation or suggested solutions you can write to us again and we will review our decision. Normally you should explain in your letter why you are still not satisfied. A review may involve one or more of the following steps:-
- Your complaint Handler reviewing their decision. Normally this will take 5 working days.
- Arranging for another Handler to review your complaint. Normally they will do this within 10 working days.
- A proposal for independent mediation via ACCA conciliation. We will let you know how long this process will take and what will be involved.
- We will let you know the result of any review within 5 working days of the end of the review, and we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you may contact ACCA.
In order to make your complaint to ACCA you should complete the ACCA complaint form.
Please complete the complaint form and send it with all supporting documentary evidence to:
1-11 John Adam Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 7059 5000
Fax: +44 (0)20 7059 5998
Email: [email protected]