Cloud technology is revolutionising the tools you have available to run your agency.
There’s a never-ending stream of shiny, new apps and spangly software tools being produced by a highly ambitious community of start-ups. And they’re all aimed at making your agency more productive (not to mention strengthening your argument for why you REALLY need to buy that Apple Watch…)
But how do you know which apps to use?
There’s an unrelenting, unmanageable assault from new technologies and ‘ways of doing things’. Each system is slightly different and has its own outlook on how to solve your agency issues – and it’s hard to know which to choose and which suits your working methods best.
And this assault won’t end anytime soon. In fact, this digital assault shows every sign of accelerating even further!
So what do you do when faced with this onslaught?
You can ignore it, dip a toe in the water or you can dive in headfirst. And, as you’ve probably already guessed, we definitely advise the latter – be the early adopter and start getting your hands dirty!
Become the early adopter
At Xerocon in London Andy Lark from Xero talked about the ‘shark bell curve’ (or, the one slide which ruled them all).
As in the animal world, there are those who eat, and those who get eaten when it comes to advancing business and adopting new technology.
- From the left, the smallest group are the innovators. Those are like the people who created Xero. They’re always going to thrive.
- Next, it’s the early adopters – people like us at My Accountancy Place and all our clients. We spotted the potential of Xero straight away, jumped on board, and all our clients have been doing pretty well since then.
- After that, it’s the early majority. These are the businesses who’ve realised there must be a reason why people keep talking about ‘cloud accounting’, and have decided they should probably get involved too.
Be the shark!
So, are you going to eat or be eaten? After all, no-one wants to be the fish that ends up as lunch.
We know your agency is already top of the heap and the shark that’s terrorising the ocean and hoovering up all those tasty tuna. But how do you keep it that way? How do you stay the agency with the biggest teeth?
We’re running our ‘Eat Or Be Eaten’ webinar on Tuesday 8 September to explain why your agency needs to be the early adopter, not the laggard. We’ll be giving you top tips on:
- Choosing the right killer apps for your agency
- The importance of a systematic approach to implementing your apps
- Giving your agency the edge over the competition.
So, sign up for our webinar now and get your teeth into the latest tech (and maybe, just maybe, you’ll be able to justify that Apple Watch under business expenses…)